Day 1: BARI
Arrival transfer from airport to hotel. Welcome drink at your hotel. Accommodation and then welcome dinner at a local restaurant. Overnight.
Day 2: BARI – POLIGNANO A MARE
Buffet breakfast and start of your tour with a Pedicab Rickshaws (Risciò) vehicle to discover Bari and its particular Old City (known as “Bari Vecchia”). Admire the Cathedral and the stunning Romanesque Basilica of San Nicola, housing the relics of St. Nicholas. Continue your walking tour reaching the Swabian Castle built by the Normans just above ancient ruins of a Byzantine church (entrance fees included). Don't miss the Harbor and its open-air fish market. Lunch on your own to try specialities based on fish. Continue to Polignano a Mare for a walking tour of the old town. The old name of the town, Polisnea, clearly indicates its Greek origins. It stands overlooking the sea on a steep, rocky cliff cut by a deep gorge. Because of the karst nature of this cliff, a number of caves have been formed, particurlarly in the sea. Some of the these where inhabited by prehistoric man. Polignano a Mare was a fortified town in the Middle Ages, and in the XVI century it was politically affiliated to Venice. Luxury dinner in an exclusive location in a Cave in Polignano. Back to your hotel and overnight.
* Rainbow Tips: Don't miss the opportunity to dance the night away in MAKUMBA Tribe Village in Bari area
Meals: B - D
Day 3: BARLETTA – CASTEL DEL MONTE / ANDRIA – TRANI
Buffet breakfast and departure to Barletta for a walking tour of the city, visiting the Old Town, the Castle, the Eraclio Statue, the imposing bronze statue dating from the fourth century, the Cantina of the Disfida and the Cathedral. Lunch in a typical Apulian masseria and then continue to Castel del Monte in Andria, one of the 50 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Italy, commissioned by Frederick II of Swabia in the 13th Century, with a massive and dominating octagonal structure that sits on a small stretch of the Murge plateau (entrance fee included). Afterwards visit the amazing city of Trani. Explore the olw town and arrive to the Cathedral of Trani which seems to rise from the sea, an elegant example of Romanesque-Puglian architecture. The cathedral overlooks the nearby Swabian Castle. Dinner in a beautiful and charming restaurant just along Trani's harbour. Back to your hotel and overnight.
* Rainbow Tips: Live the new magic LGBT Athmosphere in Molfetta EREMO Club, with its famous Friendly Thursdays, just 30 minutes away from Bari.
Meals: B - L - D
Day 4: OSTUNI – CISTERNINO – LOCOROTONDO – ALBEROBELLO (by Bike – circa 56 km)
Buffet breakfast and be ready to explore some of the most beautiful area of Apulia with your Mountainbike ! Drive to the starting point in Ostuni where your LGBT Friendly Tour Escort will give you your Bike, Kit and GPS. Explore to Ostuni, the “white city”, famous for its whitewashed houses glittering in the sun. The particularity of this city is its construction on many different levels. Here you can walk along winding alleyways that lead to aristocratic homes, ancient fortified walls and finally to Ostuni's magnificent cathedral. Ride your bike through Cisternino and Locorotondo in the historic zone of Itria Valley. During the ride stop for lunch based on typical products in a local Masseria among the stunning Apulian olive groves. Continue to Alberobello, UNESCO World Heritage Site and the city of Trulli, worldwide famous for their beauty and unique characteristics, and representing one of the most extraordinary examples of Italian folk architecture. They were built in a particular historical period, when the construction of stable dwellings was highly-taxed; the inhabitants of the region thus boasted a great capacity to adapt, and an exceptional cleverness in coming up with the idea for the Trulli, temporary houses built with the local stone. Walking tour through this area to see Casa d'Amore and Sant'Antonio Church. Exclusive dinner in an authentic Trullo with Apulian specialities. Overnight in a real Trullo for an authentic experience in Apulia.
Meals: B - L - D
Day 5: LECCE – GALATINA – GALATONE – GALLIPOLI (by Bike – circa 55 km)
Buffet breakfast at the hotel. Then drive to the starting point in Lecce where your LGBT Friendly Tour Escort will give you your Bike, Kit and GPS. Drive along the extraordinary area of Salento, discover the amazing Lecce, the “Florence of the South” with its precious Baroque architecture. Guided tour to admire Piazza del Duomo and the Roman amphitheater, then continue to the Basilica of Santa Croce. Afterwards continue to Galatina and Galatone and their attractive Baroque architectures. Visit the Chiesa Madre in Baroque style and Basilica of Santa Caterina d'Alessandria with its frescoes of the 400th in Galatina and the Sanctuary of the Crucifix in Galatone. During the bike tour, stop for lunch to try the typical Apulian street food. Cycle to Gallipoli, the seaside town whose name means Beautiful City. The old town, perched on a limestone island, is connected to the new part of the town, on the mainland, by an arched bridge built in the 1900s. Observe the ancient walls and towers, which originally defended the town from invaders, and today protect it from rough seas. See the authentic fish market, the Angevin fortress, the Greek Fountain, the Sanctuary of Santa Maria del Canneto and the Chapel of Santa Cristina. After dinner at a local restaurant, overnight at your hotel.
* Rainbow Tips: Own the night in one of the many Clubs of Gallipoli, where every year hundreds of international artists used to play.
* Rainbow Tips: Gallipoli is becoming more and more a very important LGBT center in Apulia, so that it has begun to be known as Gaypolis.
Meals: B - L - D
Day 6: GALLIPOLI – CORIGLIANO – MELPIGNANO – OTRANTO (by Bike – circa 60 km)
Buffet breakfast at the hotel. Then take your bike and start with your LGBT Friendly Tour Escort a new daily tour in Apulia. Cycle to Corigliano with its wonderful castle, where they still speak the ‘ancient griko’. Afterwards visit Melpignano, a typical town of Salento, home of the ‘Notte della Taranta’, traditional music festivals: ‘la pizzica’. Lunch on the road. In the afternoon finally reach Otranto and take a walk in the most eastern city of Italy. After dinner with fish specialities at a local restaurant, overnight at your hotel.
Meals: B - L - D
Day 7: OTRANTO – TORRE DELL’ORSO – GROTTA DELLA POESIA – ACAYA – LECCE (by Bike – circa 50 km)
Buffet breakfast at the hotel. Then take your bike and start with your LGBT Friendly Tour Escort a new daily tour in Apulia. Cycle across the countryside of Salento, reaching the precious city Torre dell’Orso, famous for its light blue waters. Here you can relax on the beach and take a bath. Then continue to the famous Grotta della Poesia, gorgeous natural "heart shaped" pool hidden in the fabulous rocks of the Adriatic Coast. Lunch on the road. Afterwards ride your bike to the historical stronghold of Acaya, with a short stop to visit the castle and the town. Finally reach Lecce. Here you will deliver your Bike and Kit. Farewell dinner with a real Pizzica Show, typical Apulian local music and dance inspired by the legend of the bite of tarantula. Back to your hotel and overnight.
Meals: B - L - D
Day 8: LECCE – BRINDISI
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer from the hotel to the airport.
- Accommodation in LGBT selected Hotels
- Transportation by Deluxe AC Private Minibus as per the Itinerary
- Private Transfer IN Airport Bari – Hotel Bari
- Private Transfer OUT Hotel Lecce area – Airport Brindisi
- Personal Bike Rental, Kit and GPS with Precharged Routes together with LGBT Friendly Tour Escort
- Welcome Drink
- 3-Course Welcome Dinner in Bari at a local restaurant (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- Pedicab Riskshaws Tour in Bari
- Entrance Fee – Swabian Castle in Bari
- 4-Course Luxury Dinner in Polignano in a Cave (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- 3-Course Lunch in Andria area at a typical Masseria (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- Entrance Fee – Castel del Monte in Andria
- 3-Course Luxury Dinner in Trani at a Restaurant near the Habour (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- Light Lunch in Itria Valley area at a typical Masseria (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- 4-Course Exclusive Dinner in Alberobello at a local restaurant (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- Light Lunch on the road day#5
- 3-Course Dinner in Gallipoli at a local restaurant (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- Light Lunch on the road day#6
- 3-Course Dinner in Otranto at a local restaurant (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- Light Lunch on the road day#7
- 3-Course Dinner in Lecce with Pizzica show at a local restaurant (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- LGBT Friendly Tour Leader or Tour Escort throughout the itinerary
- Tips, City Taxes and everything not listed under “Included features”
Ignas Tour Hotel CollectionACCOMMODATION:
3 Nights in LGBT Friendly Hotel 4 * in Bari – Oriente Hotel Bari (or similar)
1 Night in LGBT Friendly Real Trullo in Alberobello – Trulli Holiday (or similar)
1 Night in LGBT Friendly Hotel 3 * in Gallipoli with Sea View – Bellavista Club Hotel (or similar)
1 Night in LGBT Friendly Hotel 3 * in Otranto – Relais Valle Dell’Idrio (or similar)
1 Night in LGBT Friendly Ancient Palace in Lecce – Palazzo Rollo (or similar)
- Oriente Hotel Bari 4* or similar
Corso Cavour, 32, 70122 Bari
Tel. 080 525 5100
- Bellavista Club Hotel 3* or similar
Riserva marina Isola S. Andrea, 73014 Gallipoli LE
Tel. 0833 261831
- Trulli Holiday or similar
Piazza Curri, 1, 70011 Alberobello BA
Tel. 80 432 5970
- Relais Valle Dell’Idrio 3* or similar
Via Giovanni Grasso, 4, 73028 Otranto LE
Tel. 0836 804427
- Palazzo Rollo or similar
Via Vittorio Emanuele II, 14, 73100 Lecce LE
Tel. 0832 307152
* Price per person sharing a double/twin room:
|Dates||12 guests||10 guests||8 guests||6 guests|
|Low Season||€ 2350||€ 2450||€ 2650||€ 2800|
|Mid Season||€ 2450||€ 2550||€ 2700||€ 2900|
|High Season||€ 2550||€ 2650||€ 2750||€ 3000|
|Single supplement: € 280|
Rates are Commissionable
*The itinerary is on request and rates are subject to the availability of the hotels at the time of booking. Prices are subject to change if travel occur during trade shows, bank holidays or special events and supplements may be applied.
Low Season: Jan – Feb – Mar – Apr - Nov
Mid Season: May – Jun – Sep – Oct
High Season: Jul – Aug – Dec
Largo Cesare Battisti, 26
39044 Egna BZ